Position: iSeries (AS400) resource/consultant
Work Location: Bangalore
Duration: 6 – 12 Months
Experience: 6+ Years
• Candidate must be located within Bangalore or be willing to relocate to the area.
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education
• At least 6 years of Information Technology experience
• The AS400 administrator will be responsible for all aspects of the IBM iSeries environment including design, deployment, management, monitoring, automating, documenting and problem solving
• Performs at a senior level supporting the AS400/iSeries/IBMi
• Responsible for planning and executing OS upgrades and applying PTF s
• Partners with IBM to install and maintain the AS400/iSeries/IBMi hardware
• Assures the system is secure by following best practices, using preferred security configurations and regularly applying system PTF s
• Monitors system performance (E980), disk (DS8K) memory usage, logs etc.
• Will be responsible for reviewing automated reports and identifying issues or trends from the reports.
• Strong organization and prioritization skills.
• Must have strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Must be able to multitask and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Must work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Must be able to lead, motivate, and execute based on management direction.
• Must be able to address escalation items and conflicts in a timely, motivational and productive manner.
• Must be able to produce documentation for processes and procedures.
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
• Must be able to work in 24×7 production support environment
• Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours.
Thanks & Regards
+ 91 8019400040