Role:- My SQL Admin
Experience:- 4+ years
Provide database support and code implementation for enterprise applications running in a MYSQL/Windows Server environment. Collaborate with QA and Development teams in design, testing and implementation of database changes. Track and resolve database related incidents. Maintain policies and procedures to ensure security and integrity of the database. Maintain documentation describing processes, procedures, and database models.
• Troubleshoot database server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
• Build, maintain, and validate deployment packages for database change scripts
• Document changes to the database environment.
• Review new database code to ensure it meets standards for reliability and performance.
• Coordinate and communicate activities related to service disruption in all environments.
• Document database standards and provide training to ensure compliance. • Produce and maintain documentation as required. This includes process maps, data models, training materials, user manuals and other system documentation.
• Provide support for enterprise systems.
• Provide on-call support for our environments after hours and on weekends as required.
• Participate in ticket resolution activities for database environments and systems.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor Degree in technical field or another field with 2 years related work experience.
• Experience as database analyst, database administrator or a database development role.
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting applications and databases in a networked environment.
• Experience with Windows Server OS is a plus.
• Basic understanding of database concepts.
• Ability to perform well under direct supervision from Database Team Lead and Supervisor.
• Experience in performance tuning and query optimization a plus.
• Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL code and design database objects.
• Experience in designing database architecture as part of a software design process.
• Working knowledge of indexes, integrity checks, server configuration and patching methods.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES • Must have the willingness to learn new systems and transition to a MYSQL/Windows environment.
• Must have the ability to learn business processes and system relationships.
• Must have superb troubleshooting skills and the ability to be analytical and decisive.
• Must have the ability to write clear instructions for end users and other members of the database team.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as needed
• Ability to communicate effectively is critical. • Maintain effective working relationships in a team-focused environment.