Position: SQL DBA
Work Location: Pune / Hyderabad
Duration: 6-12 Months Contract to Hire
Experience: 10+ Years
- Expertise in RDBMS S/W installation, database server builds, applying patches, Applying patches in VM environments (VTM), upgrading, configuring, trouble shooting of SQL SERVER on Windows 2000/03/08R2/12R2 servers and Clustered VMware Environments.
- Expertise in database Back Up, Restore, Recovery, Updating statistics, Rebuilding and Reorganizing indexes, Defrag Tables, Replication, Linked Servers and Database Maintenance Plan.
- Monitoring Instances, Configuring and Enabling alerts using SCOM or any other 3rd part tool.
- Experience in query optimization and performance tuning. Experience in using SQL Profiler, Execution Plan, Performance Monitor and DBCC Commands.
- Good knowledge in using DMVs and DMFs to finding and solving Performance Issue, Data modeling concepts.
- Expertise in Disaster Recovery plans by configuring AlwaysOn, Clustering, Log-shipping, Mirroring and Replication (Snapshot and Transactional).
- Implementing High Availability in SQL 2012/2016 by configuring AlwaysOn Availability groups across Windows Server Failover Clustering.
- Experience in Ansible and Python scripting languages to automate the day to day activities and troubleshoot/enhance the existing scripts.
- Experience with hosting and migration of databases from on-premises to Could Azure/AWS etc…
- Strong Communication & Management skills and , , expertise in Onsite/offshore and Client coordination
- Providing 24X7 Support and maintenance to all the Database Instances of OLTP/OLAP.
- Expertise in raising the Service Requests with Microsoft and keep tracking of requests.
- Monitoring/Troubleshooting Log shipping /DB Replication/Always ON.
- Respond and Troubleshoot database related problems reported by customers.
- Adding Linked Servers (SQL Servers, Oracle DB Servers).
- Analyzing and troubleshooting the long running queries, blocking queries.
- Refreshing UAT and Reporting instances with production data.
- Automate the routine tasks.
- Preparing Knowledge articles and sharing with the team on day to day activities.
Thanks & Regards