Position: SQL DBA
Work Location: Hyderabad
Duration: 6 – 12 Months Contract to Hire
Experience: 5+ years
- Expertise in RDBMS S/W installation, database server builds, applying patches, upgrading, configuring, trouble shooting of SQL SERVER 2008R2/2012/2014/2016
- Sound knowledge in configuring HADR solutions – Always ON, Log shipping, Clustering, mirroring and replication
- Expertise in Disaster Recovery plans by configuring AlwaysOn, Clustering, Log-shipping,
- Mirroring and Replication (Snapshot and Transactional).
- Implementing High Availability in SQL 2012/2016 by configuring AlwaysOn Availability groups across Windows Server Failover Clustering.
- Good knowledge in configuring and managing 3 rd party backup solutions preferably DDBoost
- Expertise knowledge in database encryption
- Expertise in database Back Up, Restore, Recovery, Updating statistics, Rebuilding and
- Reorganizing indexes, Defrag Tables, Replication, Linked Servers and Database Maintenance
- Monitoring Instances, Configuring and Enabling alerts using Quest Foglight/App Dynamics or any other 3rd part tool.
- Experience in query optimization and performance tuning. Experience in using SQL Profiler, Execution Plan, Performance Monitor and DBCC Commands.
- Good knowledge in using DMVs and DMFs to find and solve Performance Issue, Data modelling concepts.
- Experience in PowerShell or SSIS to automate the day to day activities and troubleshoot/enhance the existing scripts.
- Strong Communication & Management skills and, expertise in Onsite/offshore and Client coordination
- Providing 24X7 Support and maintenance to all the Database Instances of OLTP/OLAP.
- Monitoring/Troubleshooting Log shipping /DB Replication/Always ON.
- Respond and Troubleshoot database related problems reported by customers.
- Automate the routine tasks.
- Preparing Knowledge articles and sharing with the team on day to day activities.
Thanks & Regards