Position: UI/UX Developer
Location: Lansing MI 48909
Duration: 12 months
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a UX design related field such as Computer Science, Web Development, Human-Computer Interaction, Mobile Computing
Experience in designing and performing usability testing, including testing UI for ADA compliance
5 to 7 years of Proven UI/UX experience with increasing complexity
Demonstrable UI/UX visual design skills with a strong portfolio, skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
Solid experience in creating wireframes that meet accessibility and usability standards
Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools (Axure, Adobe XD, etc.).
Knowledge and experience in remediating ADA development errors
Experience working on Agile project teams
Experience with front end frameworks is a plus
A technical consultant is required to assist the Business Planning and Analysis Unit of the Department of Technology, Management and Budget (DTMB), and Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) as part of the Development Program team to re-platform the Aero PM system .
The UI/UX Analyst is responsible for establishing the overall application look and feel as well as designing, communicating, and executing all user interface screens for each business requirement. The UI/UX Analyst directs the overall user experience for interacting with the delivered product. This role works closely with the Business Analyst and Technical Lead in the delivery of solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements.
• Works directly with project team including business analysts, business owners, solution architects, tech leads, developers, and QA to ensure understanding of the requirements, functionality, size, scalability, and usability of the IT solution.
• Works in conjunction with the Business Analyst to examine existing business processes and systems to develop a full representation of the system’s interface design and usability by the business.
• Participates in all requirement gathering meetings, JAM sessions, and/or brainstorm sessions with business owners to identify product usability concerns and desires.
• Examine and analyze current user(s) flow and process, pain points, and desires from a usability and visual standpoint to deliver proper solutions.
• Leads the overall visual design and usability of the product. Provides expertise and leads the project team through applicable design patterns, screen layout decisions, and usability testing.
• Serves as an advocate for the end user of the product, consistently working to improve the overall design and usability of the delivered product, as the budget allows.
• Creates sketches, wireframes, and mockups of user interface screens according to the requirements/user stories that adhere to SOM Look & Feel Standards as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. Creates high-fidelity functioning prototypes when applicable/feasible.
• Reviews wireframes with the Business Analyst for business requirements and with Technical Lead for technical feasibility before presenting wireframe solutions to the business.
• Provides guidance to the development team regarding UI/UX best practices, established coding standards, and ADA vulnerability remediation.
• Ensures conformance to the State of Michigan (SOM) Look & Feel Standards.
• Performs usability testing to ensure conformance with UI/UX best practices.
• Performs accessibility testing to ensure conformance to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
• Creates and facilitates usability tests with the intended users of the product and iterates screen designs accordingly.
• Actively advises developers on accessibility requirements and vulnerability remediation.
• Serve as liaison to DTMB Center for Shared Solutions (CSS) eMichigan team.
The candidate must have the following experience/skillsets:
• 5 to 7 years Proven UI/UX experience with increasing complexity
• Demonstrable UI/UX design skills with a strong portfolio
• Solid experience in creating wireframes that meet accessibility and usability standards.
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools (Axure, Adobe XD, etc.).
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
• Ability to identify, deconstruct and translate multiple business processes into user experiences by prototyping potential solutions in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to present concepts/ideas in a clear and convincing manner to gain confidence of technical team and stakeholders.
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively within project budget.
• Experience with the latest UI/UX trends, techniques, and technologies.
• Experience working in an agile development process.
• Receptive to ongoing feedback and continual improvement measures
• Works well in a team environment, working with agile teams.
• Experience testing UI for ADA compliance.
• Knowledge and experience in remediating ADA development errors.
• Experience in designing and performing usability testing. Remote testing experience is a plus.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a UX design related field such as Computer Science, Web Development, Human-Computer Interaction, Mobile Computing, Graphic Design, Software Engineering or a related field of study.
Thanks & Regards
Manager – Talent Acquisition Team
Burgeon IT Services LLC.
36 E, Independence Mall, 1601 Concord Pike, Wilmington Delaware 19803
Desk No: 302-497-3333 x 107 Direct: 302-763-3633 , Fax: 302-355-1559 Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org