Position: Unix Administrator
Work Location: Bangalore
Duration: 6 – 12 Months Contract to Hire
Experience: 8+ Years
Notice period: 30 Days.
Unix Administrator, infrastructure , Red Hat Linux , management tools ,ticketing, LVM/VxVM, VCS/RHCS, NetBackup, Blade technology, SAN/NAS storage / HP, Dell, IBM Servers, Volume Manager, File System, Cluster server.
· Provide global production support for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributed infrastructure while on shift.
· Address incidents picked up by the monitoring systems alerting on global Unix & Linux infrastructure within a
· Resolve problem tickets allocated to team on central management tools (e.g. Service Now / Remedy)
· Implement requests for service as generated in manual and automated ticketing systems (e.g. SNOW, etc)
· Regular verbal and written communication with business partners and other support teams to clarify details of
incidents or service requests to maintain production stability and meet established SLAs.
· Liaise with vendors to analyze crash dumps, or infrastructure problems
· Operational knowledge of key technologies, such RHEL 5/6/7, LVM/VxVM, VCS/RHCS, NetBackup, Blade
technology, SAN/NAS storage / HP, Dell, IBM Servers.
· Provide projects support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributed infrastructure, preferably worked in Storage
Migration, DC Exit, OS Migration, Unix estate wide remediation projects and BCM/Isolation tests, Power down
Thanks & Regards