Position: Window system administrator
Work Location: Pune
Duration: 12 months Contract to Hire
Experience: 5+ Years
Notice Period: Immediate, 15 to 30 days
Banking and Financing domain
· University degree with 2+ years’ experience in supporting UNIX based distributed computing environment with a large number of systems (200+)
· Hands on experience on patching
· Independent problem solving skills and effective time management
· Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and completely
· Understanding of a UNIX-based operating system, preferable Solaris 8/10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
· Good troubleshooting skills with knowledge of key operating system concepts such as paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts, disk management/partitioning, automounter, etc
· Understanding and working knowledge of authentication and naming services, including NIS, LDAP with Kerberos, Power Broker, DNS, NTP, etc
· Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts, such as NFS, routing, troubleshooting network related issues.
· Fundamental skills with Veritas Storage Foundations, Volume Manager, File System and Cluster server.
· Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (for example Tk, Perl, ksh, sh, csh)
· Basic understanding of the Banking and Finance industries with previous job experience a plus.
· Good written and spoken English, able to communicate in English with remote teams whose first language is not English
· Strong analytical and logical skills
· Team work, ability to contribute to and work in a team, as well as at times step up and lead a number of people when handling problems or incidents
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills, capable of writing/contributing to technical knowledge article.
Thanks & Regards