Position: AIX SME
Work Location: Pune,Hyderabad
Duration: 6 – 12 Months Contract to Hire
Experience: 8+ Years
Notice period: 30 Days.
AIX Administration, patching, monitoring.
LPAR, VIOS server administration on platforms such as IBM Power 7/8/9 hardware stack,
Experience with high availability and disaster recovery solutions and tools including clustering, load balancing, etc
• Provide Incident, Change support for AIX, VIOS servers catering to customers in a 24×7 service organization.
• Use monitoring tools (Nagios etc., ) to oversee multiple systems operating within a defined support operations area
• Utilize available reports or create custom reports to perform capacity analysis and troubleshoot issues proactively
• Maintain and troubleshoot issues related to HA, Cluster Management , Storage connections, Network connectivity , Physical hardware etc.,
• Ensure SLA’s related to Availability are met by actively resolving incidents and working on ways to improve metrics
• Maintain and resolve issues related to Backup / Restoration ( Networker, Netbackup ) coordinating with stakeholders
• Update standard policies according to environment changes and audit results
• Upgrade, Patch & manage security.
• Develop performance improvement initiatives for AIX system environment.
• Analyse, log, track, and resolve complex issues pertaining to networking connectivity issues, servers, and applications
• Follow ITIL best practices and customer framework to ensure process compliance. Utilize standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities.
• Evaluate DR , BCP requirements and ensure to revise policies liaising with Architects , Business to reduce downtime
• Coordinate with vendors on software / hardware issues as per contract and bring issues to closure
• Patch systems to customer agreed levels following the ITIL change guidelines
• Meet the delivery standards as per the agreement that includes quality of deliverables, documentation
Thanks & Regards