Position: Backup Administrator (EMC Networker)
Work Location: Bangalore
Duration: 6-12 Months Contract to Hire
Experience: 3+ Years
Notice period: Immediate to 30 Days
EMC Networker) and Secondary (TSM)
EMC Networker IBM Tivoli Storage Manager On all O/S.
configuration of EMC, Networker and Tape management.
configuration of backup policies such as file systems, SQL, VMware, Oracle & DB2 database
· Basic understanding on the different OS platforms AIX, Linux & Windows.
· EMC Networker IBM Tivoli Storage Manager On all O/S.
· In depth Knowledge on ITIL processes like Incident management, Problem Management and Change Management processes
Mandatory Core level expert (Primary – EMC Networker) and Secondary (TSM)
· Responsibilities include providing 24/7 remote support.
· Experience and in-depth knowledge of TSM Administration, Design, Implementation and maintenance of EMC Networker, TSM, Data Domain, Commvault backup technology and Tape Library.
· Basic understanding on the Networking concepts
· Responsible for installation and configuration of EMC, Networker and Tape management.
· Proficient in creation / configuration of backup policies such as file systems, SQL, VMware, Oracle & DB2 database
· Basic understanding on the different OS platform AIX, Linux & Windows.
· Audit application backup policies and environments to ensure integrity of backup and recovery activities
· Participate in the recovery of application environments where required.
· Ensure integrity of supported environment.
· Hardware /software fault detection and vendor liaison Liaise with customer accounts as required
· Perform root cause analysis for major issues and provide workarounds to ensure business continuity.
· Change Management: Prepare Implementation plan, rollback plan and test plan, risk and impact analysis for critical or complex changes. Review the change plan and prepare documentation for L1 & L2 engineers.
· Assist in the creation of processes and procedures required for service delivery
· Perform routine, planned and emergency maintenance (change planning and implementation) of storage data canter equipment.
· Identify single-point-of-failure and plan to mitigate the same.
Thanks & Regards