Position: Database Administrator (MSSQL, Postgress, Oracle, IBM DB2)
Work Location: Bangalore
Duration: 12 Months Contract to Hire
Experience: 5-8 Years
Notice period: Immediate to 30 Days
Certifications Needed (if any): TWS SSL certificates
MSSQL, Postgress, Oracle, IBM DB2
Perform Backup and Restore as per the defined policy.
• Reporting for BACKUP failures and immediate resolution action.
• Perform day-to-day operational database administration tasks. o Monitor, diagnose and resolve database runtime related problems. o Reviewed and executed change requests on database level.
• Perform periodic patching and upgrades for all Database Servers.
• Perform execution of creation of database objects
• Monitor and perform database actions based on the alerts.
• Perform database performance parameter tuning.
• Assists on application code tuning and performance testing.
• Perform data extraction and data loading.
• Provide periodic detailed technical capacity and performance report(s).
• Provide reports on resource utilization and recommendations for optimization.
• Handle incident tickets accordingly and updating the reporting tool (CISM/Remedy)
• Handle the change tickets according to the requests and updating the reporting tool (CISM/Remedy).
• Implement database defined best practices.
• Reporting and reviewing on CPU, memory, network, and disk resources utilization and come up with the remediation plan.
• Monitoring Reporting and reviewing of Long running queries, Deadlocks and blockings.
• Ensuring database security, integrity, stability and system availability.
• Tracking of DB EOL’s/ EOS product version and performing the upgrades or migrations.
• Reporting (on daily basis) tracking and immediate closer for all the Critical and High DB alerts.
• Proactive Capacity planning and resource optimization of all Database Infrastructure.
• Perform In-place /cross platform/ cross Database migrations.
• nstallation and maintain the latest security patches/Vulnerability FIX.
• Provide the Outage reports.
• Provide RCA (with 5 Why or BoneFish methodology) with the complete preventive measures for CRITICAL and HIGH priority incidents/Applications.
• Monitor and maintain system health and security
• Ensure Regular DB Backup (as per agreed schedule) and recovery is performing.
Thanks & Regards