Position: Veritas NetBackup Administration
Work Location: Bangalore
Duration: 6 – 12 Months Contract to Hire
Experience: 8+ Years
Notice period: Immediate to 30 Days.
1. Installation & Configuration of Symantec NetBackup Server & Client 8.2 and 8.3 versions.
2. Data domain backup configuration and maintenance.
3. Catalog Backups and importing Images
4. Master & media Server recycle, patching and health checks
5. Troubleshooting drives, Tape library related issues and Remotely remediating the tape library & NetBackup
Appliance issue w/wo vendor support
6. Monitoring the backup network and maintaining a healthy environment by maintaining the queue, working on
7. Make sure to success all failed backup jobs in next non business hours (within 12 hours from jo failures)
8. Timely addressing all NDMP job failures for all kind of status codes and make sure all defined NDMP file shares
are 100% backed up
9. Configuring Policies, Storage Devices, Storage Units, Volumes
10. Initiating Backup and Restore jobs upon requests.
11. Adding/Removing servers to and from backup rotations
12. Creating new backup policies for both automated and manual backups.
13. Monitoring Activity Monitor for any minor & major errors in backups, Restores or any other NetBackup
14. Perform backups, restores, analyzing logs and troubleshooting errors as per day to day operations for clients.
15. Taking backups of file system (Windows/Standard), databases (MS-SQL and Oracle)
16. Handling restore requests for both File system as well as full system in addition to restores for Full VM restores,
17. Preparation of various management reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis
18. Participating in weekly and monthly client meetings to know their requirements and provide valuable suggestions
19. Working on Tickets based on the severity level and closing the Tickets.
20. Hands on experience on situations where on-call 24 x 7 support for mission critical systems and Production
21. Monitoring and managing, status checking and coordinating with different teams for failures and escalating
22. Scheduling / Rescheduling of tape backups / restores according to the priority.
23. Monitoring servers for managing application services on the server.
24. Provide reports for the entire backup and tape media and responsible for tracking the tape media from vaulting
25. Initial hardware troubleshooting and escalating major hardware issue to respective vendors
26. Configuring Host properties.
27. Implementation of new backup solution.
28. Updating client on daily, weekly and monthly activities
29. Creating reports based on the client requirement which shows the up to date data about the backup jobs
30. Good scripting knowledge to generate custom reports
31. Hands on with Netbackup API to integrate the Netbackup manager with in house developed scripts to set up
monitoring and other health checks
32. Hands on knowledge in SNOW integration with Netbackup to automatically create incidents for all the failed jobs
Thanks & Regards